When you are injured in an accident that happened on someone else’s property, you may have a premises liability claim. What this means is that the property owner failed in their duty to keep the place safe. That failure led to an injury with financial costs and other damages. Unfortunately, this happens all too often, and we will help you hold those people or companies accountable for the damage they caused.
“Premises” in this sense usually includes:
- Shopping centers and retail locations
- Sports and performing arts centers
- Movie theaters
- Grocery stores and other markets
- Venues for events like weddings, concerts, and more
When people are invited onto a property that is owned by another for the purpose of business, the property owner has a duty to keep it safe for the visitors. If you have been injured while on a property that you were invited to in a commercial context, we’ll help you recover compensation for your injuries from the property owner’s insurance company. That’s what insurance is for!
Insurance Companies Pay Premises Liability Claims to Injured Persons
When you are injured and another party is legally at fault, you do not automatically receive the coverage you are entitled to. It must be effectively received in settlement through an insurance claim or successfully won in court. The process can be time-consuming and complex, but with Denver Personal Injury Attorneys on the case, you’ll be able to focus on your everyday life while we handle the day-to-day work of obtaining what you deserve.
To collect for your injuries due to an accident or incident on someone else’s property, we will:
- Gather evidence to accurately measure and prove your present and future damages and costs
- Gather evidence to sufficiently prove the liability of the property owner or manager for the accident or incident that led to your injuries
- Begin drafting your insurance claim to begin the process
- Negotiate your claim with the insurance company
- File a lawsuit if the negotiation fails
Causes of Premises Liability Claims
Some of the most common causes of premises liability claims include:
- Improperly guarded or labeled hazards
- Poor maintenance
It is critical to gather evidence and identify the legal cause of your injuries and associated costs. Connecting with a lawyer as soon as possible after the accident or incident will support evidence collection and the outcome of your claim.
Connect with a Denver Premises Liability Attorney
We are happy to discuss the facts of your case and how we can help free of charge. Call us at (303) 214-4299, or click here to schedule your free initial consultation.